Post Training Sip: Choc Beetroot Berry Smoothie
Last Updated: 15/11/16
This smoothie has the power to make you feel awesome. It’s packed full of ingredients that are really good for you, they’re raw and your body will love you for it. An extra bonus? you can also fit a dose of veg into this bad boy. Try it today for an antioxidant and energy boost.
Choc Beetroot Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 300mL of chilled coconut water
- 1 small organic beetroot, skin removed, cut into chunks*
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 heaped tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 2 small frozen bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 medjool dates, seeds removed, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons of goji berries
- 1 tablespoon of raw mesquite powder (optional, for extra sweetness)
- 10 almonds (preferably soaked for at least 4 hours)
*If you’re not used to the taste of raw beetroot then you could start out with half a small beetroot.
- Place all of the ingredients into your high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into two glasses and drink immediately.
Disclaimer: This recipe is for the general population. It does not cater for any allergies, medical conditions or any specific food intolerance.
THIS RECIPE IS BY YUMMY GOODNESS!
Yummy Goodness opened its first store in Nundah at the beginning of August 2016. Yummy Goodness serves delicious, healthy and clean eats and drinks that are free from gluten, dairy and cane sugar. They offer amazing acai bowls, smoothies, cold pressed juices, Merlo coffee, fresh salads and an assortment of homemade clean treats, with lots of raw, vegan, vegetarian and Paleo options. Yummy Goodness aims to provide yummy foods your body will love so you can love food and love life.
Hayley Abell is the founder of Yummy Goodness and loves sharing her recipes to make healthy eating and living easier for everyone.
Yummy Goodness is located at Shop 9, Circa One, 1 Aspinall Street, Nundah.
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 6am to 2pm; Sunday from 7am to 1pm.