Vegan Friendly Dark Chocolate Recipe
Last Updated: 31/10/16
Chocolate. Need we say more? Commercially-bough milk-chocolate can be scary territory for those of us looking after our health. It can be filled with sugar and preservatives — no thanks.
The best way to avoid these MMA no-nos is to make the stuff yourself. You deserve a treat for all of your hard-out MMA training! What’s even better is that Cacao is jam-packed full of anti-oxidants and has many other health benefits. If you follow our recipe closely… you’ll be guilt-free even after your snack.
Vegan Almond Dark Chocolate Recipe
- 1 cup of organic raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- ⅓ cup of pure maple syrup
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- ½ cup of roasted almonds
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat until it has become a clear liquid. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Add the cacao powder, maple syrup and salt, mixing together with a whisk until the liquid chocolate mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper or alfoil. Sprinkle the chocolate with the roasted almonds, pushing them gently into the liquid chocolate.
- Place the chocolate in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to set. Remove it from the freezer and break it into pieces. Store your chocolate in the fridge in a sealed container.
Disclaimer: This recipe is for the general population. It does not cater for any allergies, medical conditions or any specific food intolerance.
THIS RECIPE IS BY YUMMY GOODNESS!
Yummy Goodness opened its first store in Nundah at the beginning of August 2016. Yummy Goodness serves delicious, healthy and clean eats and drinks that are free from gluten, dairy and cane sugar. They offer amazing acai bowls, smoothies, cold pressed juices, Merlo coffee, fresh salads and an assortment of homemade clean treats, with lots of raw, vegan, vegetarian and Paleo options. Yummy Goodness aims to provide yummy foods your body will love so you can love food and love life.
Hayley Abell is the founder of Yummy Goodness and loves sharing her recipes to make healthy eating and living easier for everyone.
Yummy Goodness is located at Shop 9, Circa One, 1 Aspinall Street, Nundah.
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 6am to 2pm; Sunday from 7am to 1pm.